So my birthday is in 10 days! Hello 20’s. Apparently being in your 20’s is the best. I don’t know for sure, though, I have never been in my 20’s.
I wanted to share with you 19 things that I learned this past year.
Although I don’t know much, here’s what I do know.
1. Until God opens the next door for you, praise Him in the hallway.
– Sometimes it feels like life is on hold for a second, but that doesn’t mean He isn’t working on you. He knows what He’s doing way better than we do. Trust Him.
2. It’s okay to jump into something wholeheartedly, that may defy all logic.
– There is going to be a time when you know your heart has to do something, do it. It may confuse people, but the people that matter will stick around regardless.
3. (Piggybacking off the last sentence) The people that stick around in your life when your life is in shambles, are the people that matter. Make sure they know you love them to no end.
4. Boys are dumb.
5. Girls might be dumber.
6. That saying “You never truly fall out of love with someone, either you still are in love, or you never really loved them.” is bullshit.
– You’re allowed to grow. Wish them much love and happiness, and gtfo (sorry!) of their lives. It’s okay to cut off ties, and feelings.
7. You can’t chose your family.
– You’re stuck with the oversensitive mom, perfect at everything brother, and train wreck older cousins.
8. If a boy tells you, you aren’t (serious enough, goofy enough, worry too much, care too much, etc.)… leave.
– Your prince is on a different nobel steed. It may hurt to leave, but you don’t need to be anything but your silly, worrywart, sensitive self. You don’t owe them any explanation.
9. Growing up really is what its all cracked up to be. It also isn’t.
– It’s life, sometimes it’s raining sunshine and lollipops, sometimes we’re taking a ride on the hot-mess express.
10. Sleeping like a starfish on the bed is the most comfortable way to sleep.
11. Keep your house clean.
– I didn’t learn this until I moved out, but it’s so frustrating to come home to a mess, with only yourself to blame.
12. You can move on from a heartbreak anyway you want.
– cry, drink (be safe), date, sleep, go to the gym, eat. However you need to repair your heart is okay.
13. God made me for His amusement.
– He loves me, and He would never give me something I can’t handle WITH Him. But… The day He made me He laughed, shook his head, and put just an extra smidgin of silliness in me.
14. Episome salt cures everything.
– Cramps? But it in your bath. Rough skin? Combine with lotion and lightly scrub.
15. It’s okay to be nerdy about your passion.
16. It’s a phone not a handcuff.
– It’s okay to not answer, or step away from it.
17. Don’t live the same year 77 times and call that a life.
– Do fun things, adventurous things, relaxing things, silly things. Live.
18. Your mom isn’t your worst enemy.
– She may drive you crazy and you may question her own sanity, but she’s your mom. Love her for who she is.
19. No one knows what they’re doing.