So I was just sitting her doing nothing when all of the sudden I had an epiphany!
I go to an Aveda cosmetology schools.
Meaning all the products that we use is Aveda.
If you haven’t heard of Aveda, let me tell you about it!
Aveda is an all natural, organic, hair, skin, and makeup line. Or as we are supposed to say “Aveda is the art and science of pure flower and plant essence.”
To be honest, I was a skeptic at first. I still am when it comes to the makeup, except for the lip glosses, if you’re looking for a pigmented gloss, Aveda has some very nice ones.
I wanted to share some of my favorite products with you though.
*I’d like to apologize that I don’t have any photos of them I kept trying to upload and my computer wouldn’t let me. But I recommend opening a new tab and going to http://www.Aveda.com and searching as you read.
My favorite shampoo that we have is the Rosemary Mint line. When I die, I think Heaven will smell like this shampoo.
Now the conditioner I use is called Madder Root. Let me tell you about this conditioner, its super cool. Well actually there are a few kinds of these conditioners, and I’m going to inform you of all of them!
Madder root is for red hair – the conditioner basically works as a temporary color, it enhances the red pigment.
Blue Malva is for Grey and Blonde hair – It creates silvery brightness to grey hair, and deducts brassy tones in blondes.
Black Malva is for brunette and black hair – diminishes red hues.
Camomile is for people with lighter golden tones in their hair – it enhances the golden tones in the hair.
Clove Color is for medium brown shades of hair – enhances warm tones.
Now I am only mentioning the conditioners because the conditioners are the ones that contain the pigmentation, the shampoo has some but its not as noticeable as if you were to use the conditioner. Of course they do work beautifully together, I just really love the rosemary mint shampoo.
My favorite styling line is Pure Abundance or the Brilliant line. We have lines for all types of hair, and I love them, they only one I haven’t worked too much with is the Be Curly line.
My favorite Pure Abundance products are:
- Pure Abundance Style Prep – it is a heat protectant (which you should be using because heat is so damaging for your hair) but it also adds volume, and it isn’t heavy on the hair. I love this product, it’s just a good product, I can’t even explain it, it’s just the bomb.
- I also love the Pure Abundance Hair Potion – It’s so cool! But it’s tricky. It is a powder that you just kind of put on the roots of your hair. It is a powder and that is how it is supposed to be. If you shake the bottle before use it becomes a liquid and when that happens its basically no good. I love this product though. it really does add lift to the hair. It works especially well on people with shorter hair.
My Favorite Brilliant products are:
- Brilliant Anti-Humectant Pomade – The product does exactly what the name of it says it does. It repels humidity. This product is great for the summer time. Have you ever curled your hair in the summer, step outside, and watch your hair just fall? I swear, if you use this product, you won’t ever have that problem again.
- Brilliant Humectant Pomade – This does the exact opposite. I’d start using this product in the winter months. especially if you live in a place that becomes Antarctica in the winter, like Michigan. This product does work very well on textured hair, my friend says she has been using it for a while now, even during the summer because she wants the moisture in her hair, because her hair is more coarse and dry.
- Brilliant Spray-on Shine – it adds shine. There really isn’t much else to say. Except I would only use 1-2 sprays for the whole head, because a little goes a long way.
Now, last but definietly not least, Aveda Blue Oil. This is probably the most miraculous product I’ve ever used. It is just an oil but it works miracles. Have a headache? Rub it on the area that is sore and watch the ache decrease magnificently. Seriously I have been getting a lot of migraines lately, and this oil has saved me numerous times. It dissolves tension beautifully.
- multiple people have asked me if there is any form of Hemp or Cannabis in this product and the answer is no. Aveda is natural but not that natural.
If by some miracle you are still reading this long page, God bless you, and thank you.
Have a lovely night, Kim is on Periscope now so I’m going to go listen to her change my life.