Today is going so well.
Want to know why? because its my day off, and I’ve done nothing productive all day.
Seriously though, the only reason I left my bed was because I wanted to wash my bed sheets.
… I know, it’s kinda pathetic.
But it’s raining and sad outside. All I want to do is hide under my covers so the thunder doesn’t give me an anxiety attack.
Life has been going well for me.
I have recently taken up running! I’m not sure if thats what it looks like I’m doing when people see me, but I’m trying. I’m getting better at it. I’ve sort of fallen for it, like I have a crush on running. We’ve gone out a few times, possibly even going steady.
But if I’ve learned anything this past year it is that I can’t be afraid of starting something new if its going to benefit my wellbeing.
I’ve also changed my diet habits as well. I’m still vegetarian, but I’ve become more conscious of what is actually in my food.
I definitely am cooking a ton more. (Although I’m still a sucker for a green pepper, mushroom, and onion pizza from Dominos).
I wanted to share with you guys my hummus recipe (Its more so from the book Strong Looks Better Naked but I adjust it to my liking). It’s quick, simple, and so much better than store bought.
What you will need/do:
- 1 Can of chick peas / garbanzo beans (they’re the exact same thing so don’t stress)
- 1/3 cup of tahini (basically it’s sesame that is liquified) (find it near the pasta sauces or the cultural food isle)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- lemon and salt to your tasting
Then you can throw it in the food processor. I just use a potato masher though.
I’m really enjoying this whole new lifestyle I’ve been living. I’ve been doing it for a little over a month.
I’ve also cut out soda, which I never thought I would do. Dr. Pepper and I broke up. H2O and I are new Bff’s.
So I also wanted to share some of my tips for living a healthier lifestyle.
I know I’m a beginner but here is what has helped me:
- Buy a water bottle you love and keep it full of water all day. (Seriously I have a 20oz water bottle and I refill it 6 times a day. I pick up my water bottle more than my phone nowadays)
- Find a workout you enjoy, or can learn to love. I can’t say I love running, but I love how it makes me feel.
- Get good shoes.
- Read the book, Strong Looks Better Naked by Khloe Kardashian. Some of you may instantly roll your eyes because of the “Kardashian name” But it’s a good book, I’ve read it two-three times.
- Always have hummus in your fridge. It goes good with any vegetable you prefer.
- Don’t keep food that is your downfall in your house. i.e. Cookies, chips, or bagels.
- Know that you are going to have weak moments. The fact that Panera Bread delivers to my house is not cool, because sometimes I can’t help myself.
- Learn the difference between being stern with yourself and being hard on yourself. If the Panera delivery guy shows up at your door every now and then too, you can’t beat yourself up about it.
- Water. Drink it.
I hope you guys are doing well, I just wanted to jump on here quickly, say “hi” and I’ll talk to you soon!