I’m sure you don’t even need to guess, you all have probably been celebrating all day, and looking forward to today all week.
Today is WORLD VEGETARIAN DAY!!!!!!!!
The holiday season has officially started!
So in honor of the best holiday ever I decided I’d share a few of my favorite vegetarian things or things that I love! Even if you’re not an herbivore like me, these items are awesome and I recommend that you try them many of them aren’t even edible, they’re just associated with the veghead world!
I’ll go in an order from 15 – 1 and 1 will be my favorite!
Question, how do you pronounce “quinoa” I pronounce it as “keen-wah” but I’ve heard some people say “ka-no-ah” maybe its a state to state thing.
14. This is actually a vegan nail polish brand, which I just think awesome! This particular color is called “Love is in the air” I love this color, I also really love “Sage” which is a brown color. They are reasonably priced I think as well. SpaRituals
13. An awesome thing about being vegetarian is we get free guacamole at Chipotle! Sorry carnivores, you lose on that one, having to pay extra and what not. (Or you could just get a non-meat burrito or something and I bet they wouldn’t charge you.
12. The Gourmet Veggie Club at Jimmy Johns. I get it on french bread though, whole wheat with the avocado spread is just too mushy for me.
11. The Documentary: Food Inc. on Netflix.
10. Cafepress has a lot of cute bumper stickers if thats your kinda thing. I like this one. How cute is he?!
9. Faux Leather Jackets – I love faux leather jackets, ya know, the jacket that makes you feel like you need to wear red lipstick, heels, and drive off in either a Ferrari or Harley Davidson Motorcycle. This one is from forever 21 and is $21 … I see what they did there.
8. The Fettuccine Alfredo with broccoli at Olive Garden, and their breadsticks, Oh, and their salad. I usually get the buy one take one from olive garden. So good.
7. Not having to wait for the annoying meat to be cooked through enough. ’nuff said.
6. Kat Von D is officially cruelty free (many companies are now) and has awesome vegan makeup options! How cool is that?!?!?!
5. One of my favorite things is that I don’t miss having a microwave! I haven’t had to use a microwave in probably 6 months. I probably wouldn’t even know how to use it now.
4. Aveda! Go read my last post or maybe the post before that if you want to learn more about Aveda. Some of the products do contain honey or beeswax so I can’t say that Aveda is 100% vegan.
3. I sleep better. I’m positive that since I’ve become vegetarian I have slept better. I haven’t had a bad nights sleep in well over a year.
2. Vegan Starbucks Drinks! I love the Peppermint Mocha Soy Latte!
- And Last but First in my heart I love that I never feel bad about what I eat. My lettuce never had a heartbeat, and I just feel better knowing that I don’t have to take the life of living creature in order to live.
I hope you guys had lovely October 1! And enjoyed the day regardless of if you celebrated one of the best days of the year.
Also Its Breast Cancer Awareness Month so ladies and gentlemen (yes men can get it too) make sure to check yourself, it doesn’t take long and it is very important. It literally could be a life or death situation.
I also wanted to take a moment and express my sadness for the shooting that happened in Oregon today. I don’t know when kids are going to stop thinking its okay to shoot up a school just because they’re mad.
Obama said today “our thoughts and prayers are no longer enough” as much as I am going to pray, and as much as my heart broke when I found out about Oregon, it isn’t enough. I just hope America can come up with a solution for safety soon. We shouldn’t have to live in fear of our fellow Americans.